Why is Kia Excellent: Recent Awards
When you think quality and value, think Kia. Our vehicles offer outstanding reliability, and we’ve got the awards to prove it. For example, J.D. Power named Kia the highest ranked brand in Initial Quality, the second year in a row that Kia earned this prestigious award. Kia achieved the Number One Ranking by winning Initial Quality Rankings among small SUVs, large cars, compact cars, midsize SUVs and compact multi-purpose vehicles. That’s more awards than any other nameplate in the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Initial Quality Study. The second win in two years confirms Kia’s commitment to constant quality improvement, making 2017 Kia’s best year yet.
The J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study found that the Kia Cadenza, Kia Forte, Kia Niro, Kia Sorento, and Kia Soul had the lowest percentage of problems in their respective segments.
Here are the details:
- Kia Cadenza: Highest Ranked Large Car in Initial Quality, according to the 2017 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study. The Cadenza also earned the 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ designation when equipped with available LED lights and front crash protection. That’s not all – the 2017 Kia Cadenza was named the Best Large Car for Families by U.S. News and World Report, thanks to the car’s outstanding array of family-friendly features, capacious cargo and seating space, and top safety/reliability Rankings.
- Kia Forte: The 2017 Forte was the Highest Ranked Compact Car in Initial Quality by 2017 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study. In addition, Forte won the 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award when equipped with optional HID Dynamic Bending Lights and Front Crash Protection. Speaking of safety, the NHTSA awarded the 2017 Cadenza an Overall 5-Star Crash Safety Rating.
- Kia Sorento: The 2017 Kia Sorento, for the second time in three years, was the Highest Ranked Midsize SUV in Initial Quality in the 2017 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study. Sorento also captured the 2017 U.S. News & World Report award as the Best 3-Row SUV for the Money, thanks to a combination of outstanding value and ownership experience. Sorento was named an IIHS Top Safety Pick Award when equipped with front crash protection.
- Kia Soul: For the third year in a row, the Kia Soul was named the Highest Ranked Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle in Initial Quality by the 2017 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study. Kelly Blue Book named the 2017 Soul as one of the 10 Coolest Cars under $18,000. U.S. New & World Report named the 2017 Sorento as the Best Compact Car for Families and the Best Compact Car for the Money.
- Kia Niro: The Kia Niro was named the Highest Ranked Small SUV in Initial Quality by the 2017 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study. Also, Kelly Blue Book named the 2017 Niro a 10-Best Hybrid Car under $40,000, singling out the vehicle’s innovative drivetrain.
Don’t wait another day – stop by our authorized Kia dealership to test drive any of our award-winning vehicles. You’ll love our service, in which your satisfaction is our top priority.
*The Kia Cadenza, Kia Forte, Kia Niro, Kia Sorento, and Kia Soul received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles reflecting higher quality in their respective segments in the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Initial Quality (IQS) Study, based on 77,419 total responses, evaluating 189 models, and measures the opinions of new 2017 vehicle owners after 90 days of ownership, surveyed in February-May 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com/cars.
*For more information, see www.iihs.org.